we love coffee.

July 28, 2011

// photo by the fashion gal //


I love coffee. I’m one of those kinda gals that not only loves the bitter strong taste of coffee, but I also love enjoying a cup on the go as my morning ritual. I’m not proud… but I am at the Pete’s Coffee in manhattan beach every morning to grab my cup of joe. I love seeing those familiar friendly faces as I jumpstart my day... it’s kinda like the show Cheers where “everybody knows your name”… and I love it! But coffee can never taste better than drinking it out of a  R E A L  porcelain cup… especially if it’s oversized and you need to hold it with two hands. I know I must sound like a coffee weirdo… but I’ve had an appreciation for the stuff since I was a young buck. Whenever the german side of my family visited from germany, we would always have “coffee clutch”. This was a social hour where we would sip on coffee (us kids would toast our milk, like it was coffee) and would snack on cookies as a wonderful afternoon break. I really need to bring this tradition back into my little world… cookies, coffee, and friends… what sounds better?! If you ever have time for a little coffee clutch in your life, you HAVE to try my two favorite stops… Caffe Luxxe (montana ave, santa monica) and/or Intelligensia (abbot kinney, venice beach)… but keep in mind a home-made coffee clutch is always the best.

PS: the fire man likes his coffee black (plain & simple)... and I like my lattes. I love that about him.
 

2 comments:

Alycia Watkins said...

It seems like you get that sensational feeling every morning, girl! That's actually good... I don't find it weird. I love the fact that your family has that tradition you shared here. It's good to do it by yourself every day! So what's your coffee this morning? :D

Alycia Watkins said...

It seems like you get that sensational feeling every morning, girl! That's actually good... I don't find it weird. I love the fact that your family has that tradition you shared here. It's good to do it by yourself every day! So what's your coffee this morning? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...