battle of the baristas...

August 17, 2011

// umm, yummmm! //

as i've said in previous posts... that, i LOVE me some coffee! yep, i do. that's why when one of my girlfriends had told be about this annual Latte Art Competition, aka. Battle of the BARISTAS (!!!), i knew i had to watch this latte war go down! the things these baristas can do w. a little streamed milk & espresso is actually very very cool. unfortunitly, we weren't the only coffee-geeks that thought so... and the cafe was sadly, packed!!! and this place is not what you would call big... it's tiny. teeny-tiny. so we opted to continue our night across the street... at My Father's Office (which by-the-way has the best sweet potato fries, ever!)
so i guess i'll have to wait until next year to see the show-down go-down. but until then... i want to start practicing my latte-art-skills and maybe go toe-to-toe w. one of the heavy hitters at next years big's throwdown. a girl can dream! ;)

H E L L   Y E S !!

Caffe Luxxe: looks like art to me!
fact: two of the most popular pours are a rosetta & a heart

{ H O W   T O : pour a Rosetta }

{ H O W   T O : pour a Heart }


* * * DO, try this at home * * *
happy pouring!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great I've always wanted to know how to make these designs in the foam...but I'm on my iPad and I can see your how to...I'll try again later when I can get to my computer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...