DIY: A FLORWER CLUSTER.

January 17, 2013

photo's by me

over the weekend i picked up some gorgeous flowers for my home. flowers around your house can make such a lovely impact and do not need to cost a fortune either! i bought these bouquets for a whopping $3 each at my local farmers market. yep, that's a total of 6 bucks for all these pretty flowers! #suchasteal. i like to play with different ways to arrange my flowers. this is a different kind of flower arrangement that i like to call a flower cluster. i grab 5 objects to hold my flowers in such as... vases, jars, vintage bottles, water pitchers, brass findings, or even a old can! now let's get to work... 

**how do you typically arrange flowers in your home?? i'd LOVE to know!

-- i bought two different types of flowers. i like to keep my arrangements simple & pretty.
-- i always cut my flower stems at an angle, rather then straight across.
-- i find most of my cool old bottles at the Flea Market... i may be a little bit of a bottle hoarder. 
-- make your own vase: add a little texture to a simple jar, by wrapping a natural twine around the jar a few times & tie in a pretty bow!
-- make a cluster with your different height vases... i like placing 5 vases in a tight circle.
-- and voila!




how easy was that?! 


5 comments:

Carried Away said...

It looks great Vanessa! I love it. I do this sometimes too. My favorite is the jar with the little bow.

McKenna Lou said...

This flower arrangement is absolutely stunning! I love it. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! I love flea markets!! My favorite is that vintage decanter! So pretty! :)

Life, Love, and All Things Green said...

Gorg flowers and the arrangements are perfect! :)

Lexi said...

I love all of the different containers you've used!
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...